Puppies love to chew. Like really, really, really love to chew. If your arm is handy they’ll chew on it. Our little destructor was pushing our limits and having just a few puppy toys around was not cutting it. So we created the ultimate puppy playpen full of toys and other household items to keep our rambunctious pup busy.
The puppy playpen is easy to build – it’s just PVC pipe, rope, and dog toys. But wow, was it a lifesaver! Our puppy is no longer a pup and still enjoys playing with it! (although we did need to get some weights to keep it sturdy as they aged) The lightweight, toy centric, puppy playpen is perfect for indoors and outdoors and can be made using toys that you already have, random household items or very inexpensive dog toys.
What You Need:
- 36’ of PVC Pipe
- 8 PVC Corner Connector pieces
- PVC Cement
- 1/8” thick rope
- Dog Toys
How to Make a Toy Filled Puppy Playpen:
- To make the puppy jungle gym, cut the PVC pipe into 3’ pieces
- To connect the piping, use PVC cement glue to put a thin layer inside the PVC corner connectors and attach each piece of PVC pipe. You will create a square.
- Cut the rope in about 1 ½ to 2 ½ foot lengths, tie the rope securely to the top, on all sides, of the piping for the playpen. You can put a thin layer of the PVC cement down and glue the tied rope to the top of the piping if you’d like.
- Attach the toys by tying them on to the bottom of the rope or using a drill to create a hole and stringing the rope through.
Comments are closed.