Who to Follow and Why
It’s easy – and fun – to fill your Instagram feed with gorgeous dogs romping along mountain ridges or through the forest. What could be better than that? As a matter of fact, if you truly love dogs and want to use your social media scrolling as a way to learn, there are great Instagram accounts for learning more about dog training and dog behavior. Check out these top 5 pet training accounts that are some of our favorites to follow and why.
All of these offer sound training advice using science-backed positive reinforcement training methods. Most offer a variety of video tutorials, infographics, and cute dog photos. If you want purely fun dog photos they’re not it! We’ll include some of our favorite eye-candy influencers at the bottom of this article.
From Dusk to Dog
- From Dusk to Dog: Erika Gonzalez fills her Instagram with a fantastic mix of videos, inspirational posts, and infographics. Her story highlights include absolutely fabulous information on enrichment – you could practically teach a class based off of them alone! Also, the account is really visually pleasing and so helpful!
- Noble Woof: This account is run by Brie Blakeman, a Certified Professional Dog Trainer based in Portland, Oregon. This account is full of amazing flow charts on dog behavior and training – some of which have been translated into Spanish! I love the variety of dogs visible in the videos and the flow-charts are incredibly useful.
- Thinking Canine: Gia Savocci is a dog behavior specialist with a master’s degree in animal behavior. She specializes in behavior issues like aggression, and really knows her stuff. This Instagram is full of well-edited videos on everything from tricks to safety tips for aggressive dogs. She adds text to most videos so you can watch them without sound too!
- K9_fuel: This account is smaller than some others on this list, but is growing fast and is full of amazing information! Hannah Guttormson is studying at the Karen Pryor Academy for dog trainers and runs a dog fitness and wellness school. Her Instagram is full of everything from fitness games and off-leash tips to treat ideas for your beloved dog. Her story is particularly active, and her feed is full of a lot of cute photos of client dogs.
- Sniffdog: Annika McDade founded Sniffdog in 2020 to offer free and low-cost science-backed training advice. Not to mention she also runs Canine Connection Training too. This feed offers lots of multi-page infographics with super easy to follow tips like how to help your dog remain calm around food. The feed is full of well-laid-out Q&A posts on a variety of topics.
We hope you find these top 5 pet training accounts on Instagram helpful!
Also, we’ve included a few of our favorite accounts of adventure dogs that you might enjoy. Of course, these accounts are not behavior experts, so don’t go to them for training advice – but they’re beautiful anyway!
Eye-candy adventure dog accounts to follow:
- Beachcomber Dogs: A cute scruffy mini Schnauzer, an Australian shepherd, a cat, and their person explore the beaches and rainforests around Vancouver. This account is beautiful and sure to bring a smile!
- Our Desert Adventure: This account follows a beautiful white bulldog mix and his owner exploring the southwestern United States. The desert adventure shots are beautiful and sure to inspire dog-fueled wanderlust!
- Collies Without Borders: This account features two border collies exploring Montana and the rest of the world doing conservation biology work and road-tripping around to chase mountaintops. The feed is mostly dog and travel photos, however, there is scent and detection training content on the feed also.
Read more pet training blogs here.