Share the pie love with your furry friend during the holidays with these easy to make doggie pies!
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup greek yogurt (plain)
- 3 Tbsp molasses
- 1/2 Cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp ground flax (optional)
- Rice or coconut flour
- Coconut oil/spray to grease pan
- Blueberry Pie – Blueberries either whole or smashed up
- Apple Pie – Apple’s cubed small or shredded with a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Banana Cream Pie – Banana slice topped off with whipped cream
- Coconut Cream Pie – Plain yogurt sprinkled with toasted coconut
- Pumpkin Pie – Mashed cooked pumpkin or canned pumpkin pie pure with a sprinkle of cinnamon
- Cheesecake – Spreadable cream cheese with or without a dog-friendly topper like a strawberry or raspberry.
Preheat oven to 300F. Combine egg, yogurt, and molasses in a mixing bowl. Stir in the coconut and flax mixing it thoroughly. Next, incrementally add flour to reach a workable consistency that resembles a type of dough. Flour quantity will depend on the yogurt and your add-ins. If it isn’t firm enough you can add in small amounts of flour. If the mixture is too dry you can add in a little bit more of the yogurt or you can add a small amount of water to the dough.
Lightly oil a mini muffin pan and roll the dough into small balls placing them in the muffin holes. Gently press the center of the dough ball to create an indentation and push the dough against the sides to form a cup.
Bake for approximately 10-15 minuets. Let them sit and cool before adding your pie filling. If you have cups left over you can also freeze the extras without any filling in them.
Originally recipe found at https://www.dalmatiandiy.com/2017/05/recipe-cookie-cups-for-puppy-pie-dog.html
Want more dog friendly recipes? Check out our other recipes here.